Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nabokov’s Good Readers and Good Writers

With Nabokov’s Good Readers and Good Writers essay, he believes that the reader should have an imagination and have some artistic sense. He believes that the reader should be able to put them self in the position of the main character of the story. The reader should be able to understand the depth and the meaning behind the words.  They can use that imagination and artistic sense to help further their knowledge and understanding in the story and to help bring them even deeper into the book.
I totally agree with these characteristics. I believe that when you read you should be able to envision what is happening with the story. I want to be able to put myself in that position, to feel what the characters are feeling in the story. I think that every good reader should be able to use their imagination and put themselves into the story. It makes things more interesting. As for being a good reader myself, I think I am. I like to picture what it would be for me to be in that situation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment